Florida Hospital is a faith-based, acute-care, not-for-profit health care organization, with eight campus locations and over 2,100 beds in Central Florida. Florida Hospital Orlando, our flagship hospital, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America and is one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
As a Clinical Scientist III (Senior) in the Center for Thrombosis Research at Florida Hospital Orlando, you will assist the Chief Clinical Scientist in the organization, supervision and maintenance of all operations in the specific clinical laboratory area. Responsibilities include actively supervising all advanced high complexity technical procedures; taking a primary educational role with both new and existing laboratory staff in order to meet the department’s needs for establishing new technologies and retraining; taking a high level active role in clinical research, establishing new techniques and improving existing methodologies to help advance the activities for the basic research team; maintaining data and preparing reports of research data for subsequent addition to scientific publications; and when necessary, deputize for the Chief, and report relevant issues on his/her return.
• Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Laboratory Science
• Minimum of eight (8) years of experience performing high complexity testing in a licensed clinical laboratory, of which five (5) years is in specialty coagulation
• Considerable technical and troubleshooting skills, preferably with some administrative experience in the appropriate advanced high complexity clinical specialty.
• Professional attitude and conduct; the ability to communicate at different levels of education; ability to maintain composure under pressure; flexibility to accommodate rapidly changing priorities; and capable of performing multiple concomitant assignments in a timely manner.
• Ability to work independently and where appropriate, implement new ideas, and ability to fully research, troubleshoot and report on technical issues.
• Good understanding of essential quality assurance programs and the ability to effectively implement these.
• Significant ability in the appropriate handling of personnel issues as required by such a supervisory position.
• Excellent computer skills, with specific competency in computer software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint. Additional experience in statistical analysis (preferred)
• Previous supervisory experience both in an educational role and from a personnel aspect (preferred)
• Experience in advanced instrumentation technology and in troubleshooting technical problems (preferred)
• Previous academic or clinical laboratory research experienced (preferred)
• Florida State Medical Supervisor licensure in serology, clinical chemistry, hematology, immunohematology, and molecular pathology, obtained within 90 days of hire to the position
Interested candidates, please apply online and search by Req. #148783 at www.FloridaHospitalCareers.com