NASCOLA is active in publishing in and contributing to several journals. These publications include test of the month articles, results of NASCOLA surveys, and information on proficiency data. The following is an all inclusive listing on published articles to date.
Publications of NASCOLA Surveys, Proficiency Data, or “Test of the Month” articles:
1. Hayward CM, Moffat KA, Raby A, Israels S, Plumhoff E, Flynn G, Zehnder JL. Development of North American Consensus for Medical Laboratories That Perform and Interpret Platelet Function Testing Using Light Transmission Aggregometry. Am J Clin Pathol 2010; 134:955-963.
2. Khor B, Van Cott EM. Laboratory tests for antithrombin deficiency. Am J Hematol 2010 (Dec); in press.
3. Dembitzer FR, Ledford Kraemer MR, Meijer P, Peerschke EIB. Lupus anticoagulant testing: performance and practices by North American clinical laboratories. Am J Clin Pathol 2010 (Nov); 134: 764-773.
4. Otis SA, Zehnder JL. Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia: Current status and diagnostic challenges. Am J Hematol, 2010 (Sep); 85(9): 700-706.
5. Ledford-Kraemer MR. Analysis of von Willebrand Factor (VWF) Structure by Multimer Analysis. Am J Hematol, 2010 (May); 85(5): 510-514.
6. Smock KJ, Rodgers GM. Laboratory evaluation of aspirin responsiveness. Am J Hematol 2010; May;85(5):358-60.
7. Khor B, Van Cott EM. Laboratory tests for protein C deficiency. Am J Hematol 2010; Jun;85(6):440-2.
8. Castellone D, Van Cott EM. Laboratory monitoring of new anticoagulants. Am J Hematol 2010 Mar;85(3):185-187.
9. Van Cott EM. All that glitters is gold? Am J Hematol. 2010 Apr;85(4):223-224.
10. Smock KJ, Rodgers GM. Laboratory identification of lupus anticoagulants. Am J Hematol 2009 Jul;84(7):440-442.
11. Nichols WL, Rick ME, Ortel TL, Montgomery RR, Sadler JE, Yawn BP, James AH, Hultin MB, Manco-Johnson MJ, Weinstein M. Clinical and laboratory diagnosis of von Willebrand disease: a synopsis of the 2008 NHLBI/NIH guidelines. Am J Hematol. 2009 Jun;84(6):366-370.
12. Peerschke EI, Castellone DD, Ledford-Kraemer M, Van Cott EM, Meijer P. Laboratory assessment of factor VIII inhibitor titer: the North American Specialized Coagulation Laboratory Association experience. Am J Clin Pathol. 2009 Apr;131(4):552-558.
13. Hayward CPM, Moffat KA, Spitzer E, Timleck M, Plumhoff E, Israels SJ, White J. Results of an external proficiency testing exercise on platelet dense granule deficiency testing by whole mount electron microscopy. Am J Clin Pathol. 2009 May;131(5):671-675.
14. Moffat KA, Ledford-Kraemer MR, Plumhoff EA, McKay H, Nichols WL, Meijer P, Hayward CPM. Are laboratories following published recommendations for lupus anticoagulant testing? An international evaluation of practices. Thromb Haemost. 2009 Jan;101(1):178-184.
15. Cattaneo M, Hayward CPM, Moffat KA, Pugliano MT, Liu Y, Michelson AD. Results of a worldwide survey on the assessment of platelet function by light transmission aggregometry: a report from the platelet physiology subcommittee of the SSC of the ISTH. J Thromb Haemost 2009;7:1029.
16. Verhovsek M, Moffat KA, Hayward CP. Laboratory testing for fibrinogen abnormalities. Am J Hematol. 2008 Dec;83(12):928-931.
17. Abstracts: 2nd Mayo/NASCOLA Coagulation Testing Quality Conference. Am J Hematol 2008(Dec);83(12):941-948.
18. Price EA, Hayward CP, Moffat KA, Moore JC, Warkentin TE, Zehnder JL. Laboratory testing for heparin-induced thrombocytopenia is inconsistent in North America: a survey of North American specialized coagulation laboratories. Thromb Haemost. 2007 Dec;98(6):1357-1361.
19. Olson JD, Preston FE, Nichols WL. External Quality Assurance in Thrombosis and Hemostasis: An International Perspective. Semin Thromb Hemost 2007;33:220–225.
20. Van Cott EM, Ledford-Kraemer M, Meijer P, Nichols WL, Johnson SM, Peerschke EIB. Protein S: An Analysis of the North American Specialized Coagulation. Laboratory Association Proficiency Testing. Am J Clin Pathol 2005; 123: 778-785.
21. Moffat KA, Ledford-Kraemer MR, Nichols WL, Hayward CP. Variability in clinical laboratory practice in testing for disorders of platelet function: results of two surveys of the North American Specialized Coagulation Laboratory Association. Thromb Haemost. 2005 Mar;93(3):549-553.